Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fibre Content


Upcoming September 9-16 at the Art Gallery of Burlington (Ontario) is a wonderful and inspirational show of fibre art - FIBRE CONTENT exhibiting about 125 pieces by 80 artists. Please come if you are in the neighborhood.

I was thrilled to have my work selected for the show, and  honoured to have been selected by Emma Quin from the Ontario Crafts Council to receive one of the three Juror's Choice Awards for my piece "Settling".


















It has reinvigorated me.


If it's not too late, can I still mention this past winter? It seems I haven't posted since January. I did not fall off the face of the earth nor disappear in a snowdrift. I have had many new beginnings, each exciting in their own way, and so there is much work waiting to be finished. It has been a challenging several months with work at the Museum absorbing much of my time and creative juices.

I have been working more with straight-up quilt making recently - quiet and meditative and restorative - and I continue to be under the spell of the grid.  I found these star squares at a second hand shop, put them together with pink sashing, and now it awaits a large border made up of 9-patch squares which were also picked up second hand. I love working with unfinished vintage tops. I must be careful that I don't create too many of my own!



No comments:

Post a Comment